HCC’s fail-safe Flash Translation Layer ( SafeFTL ) has been tested and verified for the entire range of SPI NAND flash memory products from Micron Technology, Inc. These include Micron® MT29F1G01 (1Gb), MT29F2G01 (2Gb), MT29F4G01 (4Gb), and MT29F8G01 (8Gb) SPI flash. HCC tested these Micron® flash devices with both 1.8V and 3.3V interfaces.
To test the memory devices, HCC mounted them on a Secure Digital (SD) form factor board, providing a convenient interface to development boards with SD card slot support for SPI communication.
HCC created its own boards for testing, as shown below. To request an HCC Embedded SD form factor board to validate this solution with Micron® SPI NAND Flash, contact an HCC Embedded sales office or local distributor.
The main features of the media driver are the following:
- Conforms to the HCC Advanced Embedded Framework.
- Designed for integration with both RTOS and non-RTOS based systems.
- Conforms to the low level NAND flash interface defined by HCC’s SafeFTL Flash Translation Layer.
- Supports Micron® MT29F1G01, MT29F2G01, MT29F4G01, and MT29F8G01 SPI flash devices.
- 8-bit ECC handling for M7xA variants.