This embedded USB host class driver controls Silicon Labs® CP2102, CP2103, CP2105 and CP2109 USB devices.
The CP210x devices provide a Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART) over a USB bridge, such that a real or virtual UART port can be accessed at the device end of the USB connection. This UART port can be accessed through the class driver API as if it is a local UART on the host microcontroller.
- Conforms to the HCC Advanced Embedded Framework.
- Designed for integration with both RTOS and non-RTOS based systems.
- Compatible with all HCC USB host controllers.
- Supports Silicon Labs® CP2102, CP2103, CP2105, and CP2109 devices.
- Supports multiple devices connected simultaneously.
- Uses a system of callbacks for user-specified events.
The lower layer interface is designed to use HCC Embedded’s USB Host Interface Layer. This layer is standard over different host controller implementations; this means that the code is unchanged, whichever HCC USB host controller it is interfaced to. For detailed information about this layer, see the HCC USB Host Base System User Guide that is shipped with the base system.
The package provides a set of API functions for controlling access to a device. Sample code shows how to initialize the system and perform data transfer.