This embedded CDC-ECM (Control Device Class – Ethernet Control Module) host class driver presents the USB ECM device to the system as a network adapter.
The HCC package provides a host class driver for a USB stack.
- Conforms to the HCC Advanced Embedded Framework.
- Designed for integration with both RTOS and non-RTOS based systems.
- Compatible with all HCC USB host controllers.
- Supports all devices that conform to the USB CDC-ECM specification.
- Supports multiple devices connected simultaneously.
- Uses a system of callbacks for user-specified events.
The host implementation allows the host system to transfer Ethernet packets to/from a remote Ethernet port at the other end of the USB connection. It connects to a USB device that has an Ethernet port on it that connects to a real or virtual network.
The lower layer interface is designed to use HCC Embedded’s USB Host Interface Layer. This layer is standard over different host controller implementations; this means that the code is the same, whichever HCC USB host controller it is interfaced to. For detailed information about this layer, refer to the HCC USB Host Base System User Guide that is shipped with the base system.
The package provides a set of API functions for controlling access to a device.