This embedded USB CDC-ACM host class driver controls Control Device Class – Abstract Control Model (CDC-ACM) USB devices. The CDC-ACM class provides a serial interface for connecting devices such as modems to an embedded system.
The package provides a CDC-ACM host class driver for a USB stack. The system allows a USB serial port device to be plugged into the host and recognized as a remote serial port. The package provides a set of interface functions for controlling access to the serial port.
- Conforms to the HCC Advanced Embedded Framework.
- Designed for integration with both RTOS and non-RTOS based systems.
- Compatible with all HCC USB host controllers.
- Supports all devices that conform to the USB CDC-ACM specification.
- Supports multiple devices connected simultaneously.
- Supports line state and control management.
- Uses a system of callbacks for user-specified events.
The lower layer interface is designed to use HCC Embedded’s USB Host Interface Layer. This layer is standard over different host controller implementations; this means that the code is the same, whichever HCC USB host controller it is interfaced to. For detailed information about this layer, refer to the HCC USB Host Base System User Guide that is shipped with the base system.