The printer class driver is used for connecting printers over a USB link to a host system. It is a function device implementation of this class.
On the embedded device side, the printer can be either a real device or a virtual device. This class driver is effectively a library. It provides a set of function calls for an application to use to send and receive data through the serial port.
- Conforms to the HCC Advanced Embedded Framework.
- Designed for integration with both RTOS and non-RTOS based systems.
- Supports all devices that conform to the USB printer specification.
- Compatible with sample device files produced by using the HCC USB Device Descriptor Generator.
- Uses a system of user-defined callbacks for state change events.