This embedded USB Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) class driver can be integrated with HCC’s FAT, THIN, TINY, and SafeFLASH file systems. The file system appears as though it is a drive on a PC.
This class driver supports two protocols:
- Media Transfer Protocol – used for atomic transfer of music and media files to/from portable devices. As a component of the Windows Media framework, MTP is associated with Windows Media Player.
- Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) – used for atomic transfer of photograph files from digital cameras.
- Conforms to the HCC Advanced Embedded Framework.
- Designed for integration with both RTOS and non-RTOS based systems.
- Supports both Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) and Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP).
- Can be integrated with HCC’s FAT, THIN, TINY, and SafeFLASH file systems.
- Supports use of the PictBridge standard for printing from digital cameras.
- Supports a test mode which creates test .jpeg files.
- Compatible with sample device files produced by using the HCC USB Device Descriptor Generator.
The package provides for directory protection. When a directory is protected its files can only be listed, not accessed, created, deleted, renamed, or copied.
The system structure when the module is used with an HCC file system is shown below: