MCU/CPU and Compiler Support
Embedded Software Compatibility
Embedded engineering can be a serious challenge. Whilst some software can be compiled to run on almost any platform, embedded drivers and peripherals present significant challenges. HCC has been dealing with driver and peripheral software for 15 years and can remove the risk and complexity from any embedded project.
Advantages of using HCC include:
- HCC supports hundreds of microcontrollers, processors, development boards and toolchains, almost too many combinations to list.
- All HCC software is developed using a strong process and our Advanced Embedded Framework (AEF). Software developed according to these rules is delivered as full source code with all required tools, hardware, drivers, and RTOS integration provided.
- HCC solutions are tested and ready to go on your board, with your configuration and your performance requirements. Our projects are even shipped with a photo of the development board to avoid ambiguity about settings. Don’t waste months of engineering time trying to re-invent the wheel.
- HCC has developed tightly specified abstractions and interfaces and all code compiles cleanly with no errors or warnings on any specified target system. This means we invest heavily in the quality and performance of the core code. All software is portable and can easily switch peripherals, toolchains, RTOS, MCU, endianness, and so on without modification. This reduces dependence on a single MCU, RTOS, or toolchain.
Find your Processor
HCC keeps a huge database of toolchains, operating systems, processors and their peripherals. The quickest way to check if HCC middleware will run on your processor is to check the list on our Project Builder – click to take a look.
Embedded manufacturers release hundreds of product variants each year so, although we try to keep our online information up to date, there will inevitably be gaps. If you don’t see a processor listed, why not drop us an email and ask, or request support through our project configurator.
Arm MCU/CPU Support
- Arm® Cortex® M0 / M1 / M3 / M4 / M7
- Arm® Cortex® A5 / A8 / A9 / A53
- Arm® Cortex® R4
- Arm® Cortex® R52
- Arm Legacy (Arm7™ / Arm9™ / Arm11™ etc)
- Ambarella H22
- Analog Devices Blackfin, SHARC+
- Atmel (Microchip) AVR32, SAM3/4/7/9;
- Cypress (Infineon) Traveo I / II
- Freescale (NXP) ColdFire, Kinetis, PowerPC, i.MX, Vybrid, QorIQ;
- Infineon C16x, XE166, XMC1000, XMC4000, TriCore, AURIX;
- Microchip PIC24, PIC32;
- NXP LPC1300/1700/1800/2000/3000/4000;
- Renesas RA, RX, RZ, RL78, SuperH, V850, RH850, Synergy, H8;
- Silicon Labs EFM32, SIM3;
- Spansion (Infineon) FM0/FM3/FM4;
- STMicroelectronics STM32, SPC5, Stellar;
- Texas Instruments MSP430, Stellaris, C2000, Hercules, DaVinci, Sitara, Tiva;
- Toshiba TMP M0/M3;
SoC / FPGA
- XilinX Zynq, Microblaze
- Altera (Intel) Cyclone NIOS II
HCC’s framework approach to software means that most of our software compiles cleanly, with no warnings or errors on most compilers. Among the compilers we support are the following
- GCC and LLVM compilers
- ADI CrossCore® Embedded Studio
- Arm® Keil® compiler
- Atmel AVR Studio
- Atollic True Studio
- Freescale CodeWarrior
- Green Hills Multi
- HighTec GCC
- IAR Embedded Workbench
- Mentor CodeSourcery
- Microchip MPLAB
- Renesas HEW
- STMicroelectronics STM32Cube
- Tasking VX-toolset
- TI Code Composer Studio
Take a look at our RTOS story here.