Compact Flash Cards Media Driver
HCC produces three media drivers for Compact Flash (CF) cards:
- For Compact Flash Cards with an Integrated Drive Electronics (IDE) interface.
- For Compact Flash Cards with an IO Interface (Serial Input/Output mode).
- For Compact Flash Cards with a Memory (MEM) interface.
Each media driver provides an interface for a file system to read from and write to the appropriate type of CF card.
A single media driver can support one or more physical media, each of these being represented as a different drive at the media driver interface. The file system handles all drives identically, regardless of their internal design features.
- Conforms to the HCC Advanced Embedded Framework.
- Designed for integration with both RTOS and non-RTOS based systems.
- Conforms to the HCC Media Driver Interface Specification.
- Supports multiple Compact Flash cards.
The diagram below shows a typical system architecture including a file system, media driver, and media.