This guide embedded MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) host class driver controls musical devices connected to a host through a USB interface. The package provides a MIDI host class driver for a USB stack.
This driver allows you to plug a MIDI-compatible USB device into the system and stream music to it. It processes MIDI events received from the device using the event handler.
- Conforms to the HCC Advanced Embedded Framework.
- Designed for integration with both RTOS and non-RTOS based systems.
- Compatible with all HCC USB host controllers.
- Supports multiple devices connected simultaneously.
- Supports all devices which comply with the MIDI specification.
- Handles a defined set of MIDI-specified events by using the event handler.
- Uses a system of callbacks for user-specified events.
The lower layer interface is designed to use HCC Embedded’s USB Host Interface Layer. This layer is standard over different host controller implementations; this means that the code is unchanged, whichever HCC USB host controller it is interfaced to. For detailed information about this layer, see the HCC USB Host Base System User Guide that is shipped with the base system.
The package provides a set of Application Programming Interface (API) functions for controlling access to a device.