This embedded USB Mass Storage (MST) host class driver controls MST USB devices. The USB Mass Storage class is designed for connecting block storage devices over a USB link to a host.
The package provides a MST host class driver for a USB stack. Typically, this is used in conjunction with HCC’s extensive range of file systems to enable host side file access for USB pen drives/thumb drives, USB disk drives, and other USB media connected to an embedded system.
- Conforms to the HCC Advanced Embedded Framework.
- Designed for integration with both RTOS and non-RTOS based systems.
- Compatible with all HCC USB host controllers.
- Supports multiple devices connected simultaneously.
- The USB Mass Storage media driver for the SCSI interface conforms to the HCC Media Driver Specification.
- A callback can be registered for Mass Storage device connect/disconnect notification.
This shows the following:
- The file system can use the media driver interface to access the Mass Storage device. (HCC can provide a media driver for Mass Storage.)
- The SCSI layer is technically not part of USB Mass Storage but, for practical reasons, it is included in this package as if it were.
- The lower layer interface of the Mass Storage host class driver is designed to use HCC’s USB Host Interface Layer. This layer is standard over different host controller implementations; this means that the code is unchanged, whichever HCC USB host controller it is interfaced to. For detailed information about the lower layer, see the HCC USB Host Base System User Guide that is shipped with the base system.
The package provides a set of API functions for controlling access to a device.