This embedded USB Device Mass Storage (MST) class driver connects block storage devices over a USB link to a host. The MST package is a function device implementation of this class. It allows a device to connect to a host system and be seen by the host system as one or more locally connected storage drives. This allows attachment of a media driver (that controls, for example, an SD card) to a PC over the Mass Storage interface, making it look much like a standard pen drive.
- Conforms to the HCC Advanced Embedded Framework.
- Designed for integration with both RTOS and non-RTOS based systems.
- Supports all devices that conform to the USB MST specification.
- Supports all devices that conform to the HCC Media Driver Interface Specification.
- Compatible with sample device files produced by using the HCC USB Device Descriptor Generator.
- Allows the user to specify a callback for Unknown Data Received events.
On the embedded device side, these drives can be any block-addressable storage media that conform to the HCC Media Driver Interface Specification. If configured as a SCSI device, it enables a host system to use that drive as locally connected storage.
Each drive is called a Logical Unit in USB terminology and is referenced by its Logical Unit Number (LUN).