What is ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001 is an international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). It is internationally recognised as the world’s leading quality management standard and has been implemented by over one million organisations in over 170 countries globally. HCC uses the standard to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements. HCC uses the standards to organize processes required for high quality software development and support.
What is addressed by ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001 is based on the “plan-do-check-act” methodology and provides a process-oriented approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective quality management. Areas covered include:
- Requirements for HCC’s quality management system. This describes how we achieve our quality objectives in areas such as verifiable software and customer support.
- Systematic approach to management
- Management of resources, including human resources and work environment
- Product development, including all steps from design to delivery and support
- Measurement, analysis, and improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits and corrective and preventive action
- Continuous improvement
HCC have created an organization that can develop high quality and verifiable software. ISO 9001 is the de-facto industry standard used to underpin the capabilities needed to achieve this. ISO 9001 certification covers not just organizational aspects of software development but has a strong emphasis on risk management, critical to building a long-term stable environment for HCC and our customers.
HCC’s Quality Management System Overview
Some of HCC’s detailed quality documents, including the HCC ISO 9001 Quality Policy statement, are published on our technical documentation area and can be downloaded and read here.