What is ISO 9001:2015?
HCC uses the standard in two ways:
- to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- to organize processes required for high quality software development and support.
What is addressed by ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001 is based on the “plan-do-check-act” methodology and provides a process-oriented approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective quality management. Areas covered include:
- Requirements for HCC’s quality management system. This describes how we achieve our quality objectives in areas such as verifiable software and customer support.
- Systematic approach to management
- Management of resources, including human resources and work environment
- Product development, including all steps from design to delivery and support
- Measurement, analysis, and improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits and corrective and preventive action
- Continuous improvement
HCC have created an organization that can develop high quality and verifiable software. ISO 9001 is the de-facto industry standard used to underpin the capabilities needed to achieve this. ISO 9001 certification covers not just organizational aspects of software development but has a strong emphasis on risk management, critical to building a long-term stable environment for HCC and our customers.
HCC’s Quality Management System Overview