HCC provides a highly flexible web-server solution for embedded systems, allowing the creation of dynamic content within a highly secure environment. Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and its secure equivalent (HTTPS) provide communication over computer networks. They operate as request-response protocols in the client/ server model. An application hosting a website may be the secure server. HTTP resources are identified and located on the network using Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs).
The HTTP/HTTPS server module is part of HCC Embedded’s MISRA-compliant TCP/IP stack, as shown in the Networking Overview diagram, and works with both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
The module supports HTTP Secure (HTTPS) Server when it is combined with HCC’s TLS. TLS provides the security by encrypting the whole HTTPS message, including the header and the request/response content.
The secure client sends an HTTPS request message to the secure server. The server’s response message to the client contains completion status information about the request. It may also contain requested content within the message body. The entire HTTPS message is encrypted, including the headers and the content.
- Conforms to the HCC Advanced Embedded Framework.
- Compliant with HCC’s MISRA-compliant TCP/IP stack.
- Works with both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- Compliant with RFC 2818.
- Designed for integration with both RTOS and non-RTOS based systems.
- Can be configured to use BSD sockets.
- Supports all standard HTTP methods: GET, PUT, POST, and DELETE.
- Supports HTTP connections.
- Supports HTTP Secure connections.
- Supports HTTP Secure (HTTPS) connections (when used with HCC’s TLS).
- Handles static ROMed pages.
- Can be connected to any file system and process pages received from it.
- Allows pages to contain dynamic content that can be created by user-specified functions.
- Supports dynamic variables from tags in HTML.
- Supports optional user authentication based on user name and IP address (as a sample).
- Makes it easy to add features like web on SD card, access filtering, multi-user web authentication, and multi-language web pages.
- Handles a configurable number of simultaneous connections.
- Demo package provides sample implementations to base your HTTP server on.