Embedded Software Evaluation License Agreement
The following Agreement applies to the source code and documentation (hereinafter “Products”) of HCC-Embedded Kft. (hereinafter “HCC”) and the licensee of the Products, named below (hereinafter “Licensee”). By agreeing to the terms of this license (hereinafter “License”) for using the Products, Licensee agrees to the terms of this License.
1. Term. This Agreement shall be effective from the date on which Licensee installs the software on a host computer.
2. Termination. This License will remain in effect until terminated. Licensee may terminate the License at any time by destroying all copies of the Products in Licensee’s possession, and ceasing to use the Products or any derivative parts, in whatever form. HCC can terminate the License if Licensee fails to comply with any part of this License. Licensee will have 30 days to cure any violation. Upon termination of this License, Licensee agrees to destroy all copies of the Products that are in Licensee’s possession.
3. Ownership. The Products are the sole property of HCC-Embedded Kft. The Products are copyrighted work and are protected by copyright law. HCC-Embedded Kft. reserves the right to transfer all or part of its interests in any rights to the Products’ source code and documentation.
4. Granted Rights. This License gives Licensee the right to integrate the object version of the Products into a product (or products) of Licensee for evaluation only. Distribution and sale is forbidden. The Licensee agrees to abide by all restrictions on use detailed in Appendix A.
5. License Extension. The Licensee may not extend the use of this License without written permission of HCC. Other license variations are subject to negotiation and require HCC’s written permission.
6. Use by Third Parties; Derivative Products. The licensed Products may not be used by the Licensee to make software products that make it possible for third parties to use HCC’s Products on their platforms. Furthermore, the licensed Products may not be used by the Licensee as the basis of its own software products of a similar nature that may then be offered for sale or license.
7. Warranty. This software is supplied for evaluation purposes without warranty. If the Licensee reports that the Software does not provide the functions described in the user manual, HCC may at its sole discretion rectify the software, or issue a patch or other work-around. HCC is not obliged to issue any updates for evaluation software.
8. Disclaimer. The Licensee assumes the entire risk, if any, that may be associated with use of the Products, except any obligations or responsibilities of, or warranties, representations, or assurances given by HCC.
HCC warrants that the Products are entirely the work of HCC. Licensee shall not hold HCC responsible for any infringements caused by modification of the Products. Under no circumstances shall any liability by HCC to the Licensee exist as a consequence of using the Products.
9. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive understanding between HCC and the Licensee with respect to the Products. This Agreement may not be modified, except with the explicit written agreement of both parties.