Demo of Bare Metal Ethernet for ADSP-SC589 under FreeRTOS
This project demonstrates the Ethernet driver and hardware capabilities.
The demo is configured for use with the ADSP-SC589 EZ-Board equipped with the Analog Devices ADSP-SC589 MCU. The hardware configuration is shown below:
- Connect the USB-UART connector to a host PC and open a terminal connection to the virtual serial port (115200@8N1).
- Download and start the project.
- Use the configuration option PSP_ETH_USED_PORT, defined in tcpip\hcc\src\config\config_psp_eth_synopsys.h, to select the Ethernet port used. There are two settings as follows:
0 = EMAC0 (10/100/1000Mbps)
1 = EMAC1 (10/100Mbps).
- If you are testing the 10/100/1000 Ethernet port (J14), connect a UTP cable to the port and to a test PC's network card. If you are testing the 10/100 Ethernet port (J2) no cable is needed.
- The demo sends raw ETH frames continuously which are redirected to the RX lines. (Loopback)
- Using the number of the received frames a task periodically displays the loopback speed.
Note: This project was developed using CrossCore Embedded Studio v188.8.131.52.