This embedded USB Communications Device Class – Abstract Control Model (CDC-ACM) class driver is used for connecting legacy serial ports or modems over a USB link to a host system.
The package is a function device implementation of this class. This allows a device to connect to a host system and appear to the host system as one or more locally connected serial ports.
- Conforms to the HCC Advanced Embedded Framework.
- Designed for integration with both RTOS and non-RTOS based systems.
- Supports all devices that conform to the USB CDC-ACM specification.
- Supports all devices that conform to the HCC Media Driver Interface Specification.
- Compatible with sample device files produced by using the HCC USB Device Descriptor Generator.
- Uses a system of callbacks for user-specified events.